Wednesday, May 21, 2008

our igloo and laundry room joy

Just remembering something that made me laugh all weekend long... R kept calling our hotel room 'our igloo' all weekend long! We told him we would be going away for the weekend and going swimming at the hotel pool - he remembered when we stayed at West Edmonton Mall in the Fantasyland Hotel igloo theme room {it looked like ice and had bunk beds and a hot tub in the room that he thought was a swimming pool}... So now I guess he thinks every hotel room is going to be an igloo {???}. When I said it's not an igloo - he said 'yes, remember when we stayed in a igloo when we went to see the big penguin {that would be the West Ed Mascot}... OK. Anyway, for the rest of the weekend we heard "when are we going back to our igloo" and "can we go swimming in our igloo"...

And something else that gives me a surprising amount of joy...I have been doing laundry for DAYS now!!!

Weird, I know - it's not like I usually enjoy laundry, but we have been living without a washer and dryer since the big move. If it took any longer for the washer and dryer to arrive I could have lost one of my children under the MOUNTAINS of laundry that formed in my closet. There was some kind of mix-up with our order and the machines finally just got delivered Friday right before we went away for the long weekend. When we got home K thought he would go to Home Depot on Monday to get a hose that we needed to hook the dryer up...but he drove all the way there before realizing that apparently nothing is open here on holidays. What??? Back home only Christmas Day would stop people from shopping...

Having a working laundry room just makes this house feel a little bit more like home.

I don't like the cabinets in this laundry room but it's just temporary and I have big plans for the laundry room in the house we are building. Because it will be just off the kitchen {and the kitchen will have huge windows with lots of light coming in} I am even getting a french door to the laundry room {which is why we got stainless steel machines this time - to match my kitchen appliances, of course - although I was very sad to see my cherry red machines go with our last house}. I know K thinks I am crazy for decorating a laundry room, but why not do what you can to make laundry a bit more fun. Love what this woman did to her laundry room - I guess, I, too am a laundry room weirdo.

Back to sorting and folding now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, you are a little too excited about a laundry room which is bigger than my house i might add.