Tuesday, May 20, 2008

i know this is hard to believe

but I came home from the long weekend without good photos to post. I think the lack of photos are due to the fact that I spent most of my long weekend shopping! I did however come home with lots of nice new clothes and scrapbooking goodies and stuff for the kiddies...and a year's supply of products from Bath & Body Works (love that store)! For our first long weekend in our new home we headed south and crossed the border into New York state. I was SO excited - I've never been to New York (can't wait to go to New York City...)! We stayed in Syracuse for a couple nights to do some shopping and take the kids swimming and to see some sights. The drive was just under 3 hours and very enjoyable - even considering Miss S has now become a back seat driver {me see cows, mom - mom stop - go back dat way - go back - me see bird S window...it is funny that she always directs ME even though K was driving...}. The Thousand Island area is very pretty - we drove over a great bridge - this is an area that I want to come back to and explore.

Here are the photos I do have from our big night out in Syracuse, NY...(don't get too excited - we have children...) This is us at Chuck E Cheese! Miss S was really fascinated by the 'big mouse'...

until his hat fell off and almost knocked her out...

She came running back to us saying 'big mouse scared me'. {Everything scares Miss S these days - that is her new favorite saying - me scared}. Taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese brings back memories of going to Bullwinkles in Calgary with my family and grandparents...

So that is pretty much it for photos - oh, except for this one. These are cupcakes {there is cake under all that icing, I swear} that K saw and had to buy for a treat one night...


Aren't they just so cute! The four of us couldn't even share one complete cupcake there was just WAY too much icing - but you know how much Miss S {OK, and me too} loves a good 'cuppy cake'.


On our way home from Syracuse we stopped in Watertown to see some sights {ie more shopping} and have lunch. I'm already planning our next adventure...I'm thinking Lake George in the Adirondacks...hmmm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering over those cupcakes! Yummm

Anonymous said...

I forgot to put my name on the last post. I have been checking every morning to see your update from the weekend. Sounds like fun.
Shar

Closet Artist said...

I love how new residents to Ottawa do more sightseeing than those who have lived here all there lives! People used to tease us that we had seen and been more places in a month than they had ever been in their whole lives! LOL
I'm glad you had a good time away. Now we can really do some shopping damage when we do a mommy's weekend away! LOL

Anonymous said...

i would be scared of a giant mouse too. EEK! i think little miss S needs a climbing wall!!