Thursday, May 15, 2008

being a tourist, part d

It seems like all we are doing lately is "being a tourist", but that is more fun than finally getting our house put together. I spent half the day yesterday in the basement moving around boxes and trying to make a 'play area' for the kids big toys - but I much prefer being outside. Especially since summer comes a whole lot earlier here than it did back home! That's right - it is HOT here by my standards. I am not sure I like heat - I definitely do NOT like the humidity, I am glad we had air conditioning installed before we moved in. Humidity is just no fun for a curly-haired girl that is in love with her hair straightener.

Anyway, this is us exploring Stittsville a couple days ago. Stittsville is considered a part of the city of Ottawa now, and it is located immediately to the south-west of Kanata.





All the photos were taken while walking down Main Street in search of the bakery that is supposed to sell the 'best doughnuts ever'. Well, we didn't find the bakery right away...so we had to have ice cream at Papa Sam's instead (rough day, I know). K tells me I should have taken the GPS (aka: my new best friend) but I thought it would look weird - and I don't know how to plug it in to my stroller...???

Have I mentioned the GPS before? I love her, R even named her "Ella". K's boss back home gave it to him before we moved and it has come in very handy. The box calls her a "personal travel assistant" and that is what she has become to me - my assistant. I just type in where I want to go and she finds it. Ella is fun, but she can be a little bossy. Sometimes just for fun I take a different route than the one she tells me to, just so I can make her say "recalculating" and then she has to find a new route that I like.

Now I am off to get us ready for the long weekend. Really looking forward to it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally googled the Primitive Peddler and I love it. I wish I had unlimited funds for stores like that.
What are you getting ready for on the long weekend?
Shar

Anonymous said...

I think you need new hobbies. Trying to fool a GPS is fun?????