Wednesday, October 29, 2008

oh no

I {heart} Mary Engelbreit.

I love her illustrations, her books, and especially her magazine, Home Companion - "Inspiration for the Art of Life" . It has been my favorite 'artful living' magazine for quite some time now.

So, when I heard that after the December/January issue, her publisher would no longer be putting out the magazine I was very upset.
Now, on the ME website there is a press release that they are looking for a new publishing partner. Does this mean that maybe there will continue to be a Home Companion magazine? I hope so. Hmmm, maybe I will get a chance to ask Mary about her mag, in person..
When I heard she was going to be the guest speaker at the Silver Bella luncheon, it confirmed my need to be there {that, and the fact that it is an amazing paper arts event!}...

so I put in my order for my exclusive print for Silver Bella participants...

and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more Home Companion issues in the future!

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

I saw that info posted on the Yahoo group and couldn't believe it! It's such an amazing magazine and seems to have a good following so what a terrible decision.