Thursday, October 30, 2008

gotcha...!

And Mother Nature really got us too! We were warned of a winter storm, and we got it. My neighbors are still trying to tell me that "this never happens so early"... Huh.

The snow started some time when I was out Tuesday night, so when I got to my car, it was already covered with snow. And then on the way home, every street light was out {not even flashing red, just out}. I got home just in time for us to lose power, for how long, I don't even know. I think it went out just before 11pm, and one neighbor said when he was leaving for work at 5am, it was still out... All night long you could hear the snow {more like ice really} hitting our house... Good times!

I should have known when these

starting showing up on fire hydrants all over the city recently. And what is up with the four foot high sticks at the end of every driveway? Yes, I moved from a city that got snow, but I don't think we ever lost our fire hydrant or got our driveway plowed in by a snowplow. Actually, I'm not sure I'd ever seen a snowplow. Until now...I saw at least a dozen during our brief storm.

At least the kiddies were excited {Last year Miss S didn't like snow}.

We spent all yesterday afternoon playing outside, until we were drenched and the snow mostly melted {what a crazy heavy, wet snow} and R went in to a neighbor's house to play with a friend from school, and Miss S and I went in to decorate these...

{and here's our front door. Just 'cause we were outside, and I had my camera, of course}...


Stay warm!

3 comments:

Stay Funny said...

love your halloween decorations and the pics of the kids are amazing! Can't wait to see what you will create!

Anonymous said...

Crazy! I heard about your snow fall on the news last night. We were plus 20 here yesterday. Talk about weather reversal. We are supposed to have plus 16 tomorrow for Halloween. S

Closet Artist said...

I love that first action shot! LO worthy for sure.
And Rya went over to a friend's house? What a big, great step for him!!!!