Friday, September 5, 2008

wishful thinking

Watching What Not to Wear and wishing I was scrapping {I love this show, just feeling bad that I haven't been crafty in a while - too wiped out already tonight to even start making something}. I'm looking forward to a crop that I am going to soon, and planning what to take, to make the most of my time and come home with completed layouts and possibly another acrylic mini book that I have been thinking about for a while now {and putting things aside for}.

Received my last month's Jenni Bowlin kit in the mail recently and love it - I'm going to take it to the crop too. I love the vintage pieces the Jenni includes in her kits and her vintage inspired line...


I ordered the Project Kit last month too {could not resist the vintage ice cream box and the mini bingo cards}...

{You can see what my finished project should look like here}

Can't wait to shop at Jenni Bowlin's booth at the Silver Bella vendor fair {and all the others!}. I'm not actually taking one of her classes at this event, because you can only take 5 classes, and I wanted to take classes by instructors whose work I was familiar with, but haven't taken classes from before. {I was lucky enough to take a class from Jenni Bowlin at The Scrap Etc Event this past April in Nashville}. I wish I could take one of Jenni's classes at Silver Bella too - actually I wish I could take all the classes and not have to just chose five!

Speaking of Silver Bella, the women on the event message board have been posting swaps this week, and I have signed up for two of them - so excited! I have never actually participated in an artist swap before, {I just admire all the ones I've seen online} so I'm a little intimidated - hope I can make something worthy of Silver Bella! Maybe I should start planning what to make now...

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

ok excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin!! that kit is AMAZING!!! please bring it to the crop so I can fondle all its' goodness!!! LOL