Monday, September 15, 2008

randomness

I realize I didn't post that much last week - it was busy, busy and just flew by. R had a great first day of school. We are figuring out our new routine and new activities. R had his first day of floor hockey. He was so excited to get a new helmet with face shield {he didn't need one for floor hockey back home - are kids tougher out here???}. But, when the four of us got to the gym, he wouldn't play. Yep, it is the soccer thing happening all over again. I thought because at the end of soccer he was doing so great, he would just continue on like that, but I guess we will work through this too {maybe this time it won't take as long?}.

I went to a crop at the Scrapbox with Renee on Friday, and again on Saturday. It was great to be making things again. I made an acrylic album for R, with lots of winter photos of us skating and enjoying the lake back home - I'll take photos of it soon.

The kiddies went to Alia's birthday party at A Gym Tale this weekend too - R loved the pirate ship and Miss S loved the castle. I went to another 'girl party' with the women on my street on Saturday night - so much fun. And wrapped up the weekend with a BBQ at J's on Sunday. J and I have gotten together with our kiddies for play dates, and with other mom's for girl's nights, but this was the first time we got both our families together so it was nice to have the hubbies meet as well.

1 comment:

Stay Funny said...

It was really great to see you Friday!!! And your acrylic album really is amazing, can't wait to see it again... completed! Have a great week!