Wednesday, June 4, 2008

bbq, books and a bug

It seems my computer caught a little virus or something so I have been without the Internet for a couple days while dear K has been trying to get the bug out of my system! This has made me all the more aware of how attached I am to my computer - when I can't go online, I really do miss it! So now that I am out of withdrawal, I am going to catch up with some blogging...

This past weekend with my parents, we went to a BBQ at the home of my Mom's childhood friend, Rhonda.

Rhonda and her husband Bob have a beautiful home on the Ottawa River. Even on this rainy day, the view was wonderful. R had a great time looking for pirate ships {he brought his own pirate telescope/paper towel roll with him for just this purpose}...



Rhonda and Bob and their family gave me many more ideas of places to visit and things to do around Ontario {thank you for that}.

Bob, (Robert Leroux), is an author whose fictional novels take place in Ontario settings. I ordered Murder in the Glen and Dead in the Water when I got home - you can also order the books here and here.

We had a great time and hopefully we will make it back there soon for a ride on their boat!

No comments: