Wednesday, June 11, 2008

camping in lake george


I am still having computer troubles and it is driving me crazy, but K is trying to fix everything for me before I lose my mind! So, I am way behind on updating my blog - and even as I am posting now I keep losing my Internet connection...agghhh!

This past weekend we headed south to Lake George, because "I heart New York". We packed up the kids and our house on wheels {our cozy little tent trailer} and were joined by Grandma and Grandpa in their RV for the trip to the Adirondacks.

We camped at a great campground, the Lake George RV Park. Even though it was considered pre-season there, the accommodations were fabulous - so many things to do with the kiddies - swimming at several pools, parks, paddle boats, fishing ponds, etc. We would definitely recommend this campground if you are ever in the Lake George area.

The campground is even conveniently located very close to a Carter's store - one of my favorite places in the States to shop for children's clothing, and a Six Flags Theme Park {more on that later}.

It was ridiculously hot all weekend with crazy humidity {seriously do not know if I will ever adjust to the humidity} but we had a great time. I am so used to camping back home, where you can get snow even into the summer depending on where you camp, and the nights often cool down quite a bit - I packed flannel pj's for the kids, made K bring extra propane so we could run a heater at night and even brought my toque - so NOT appropriate for camping out here! Oh well, I will know better for next time - pack more shorts, less winter headwear.

Here are we are at the campground. R loves a good marshmallow...


Looking for chipmunks with Grandma...

Grandpa's RV {do NOT call it a trailer - I have made that mistake before} - they do not believe in roughing it...

I don't seem to have many photos from the campground {I know Grandma has some from the pool that I will have to copy}. I meant to take a photo of us all set up at the campsite... We love to go camping, especially now that we take the kids, so maybe I will post some old photos for fun.

Miss S has been camping since she was a newborn...by the time she was 7 weeks old we had taken her camping 2 times! And that was back home...where it gets chilly at night camping. No wonder Miss S seems so comfortable camping now!

This is K with Miss S on her first camping trip, and R and his girlfriends from back home...

Here is Miss S on her second camping trip, this time in Grandma and Grandpa's RV and we were at Fairmont Hot Springs...

This was our first camping trip in our own trailer - we went to Tunnel Mountain in Banff. I thought Miss S was teething that weekend - it turned out she had an earache and tonsillitis...oops, bad mommy!


Here is Miss S on a camping trip last year when we went with some of my mommy friends and their families {R is in orange with his Diego backpack}...

This is us last summer camping with Shar & Burke at Dinosaur Provincial Park in Alberta {that is their trailer}...and here is our home on wheels on that same trip looking like it is getting hit by lightening...a few minutes after I snapped this photo we survived the craziest storm ever in our trailer...

Maybe I should make a scrapbook with all our camping photos - now that I am looking back through them there were so many fun trips that we took {these were just a few - but they have got me in the mood to look through old photos}... Good times!

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

oh yes do a book all about your camping trips! that would be so cool for the kids to look back on!
I haven't been camping in eons and like the way your parents "rough it"! LOL