Saturday, June 14, 2008

being a tourist in lake george

We had lots of fun in Lake George - it is a quaint little resort town with wonderful little hotels and resorts as well as campgrounds surrounding the water. There were lots of things to keep us busy - but I think the day the kids liked best was the one we spent at Six Flags. Maybe because it was still considered pre-season, we didn't have to wait in any lines or deal with big crowds {we just had to deal with the crazy heat and make sure the kiddies kept hydrated}.

This is the first time R has ever let a 'character' come anywhere near him {Grandma told Bugs that R watches him on TV}...



Miss S on the other hand, wanted no part of it..."no bugs bunny come see me!"...


Only K would go on this ride...

and then he tricked me into taking R on this one. I tried to pretend I wasn't scared out of my mind for R's sake - he loved the ride and kept wanting to do it again {notice the insane bobsled ride is not on a track...omg}

We wiggled...

and waited patiently for the Justice League superheros to arrive. That was the only disappointment of the day. R is very into Superman and Batman and all things SuperFriends right now so I got him all excited that his favorites were going to be there.

Well, we stood by the Batmobile at 12:30 when the sign said the Justice League would be there and just this guy showed up...

and him...R was so disappointed. He really wanted to see Batman and Superman - but we get the Green Lantern and the Joker! Come on Six Flags, what's with the second string superheros!!! - I had a very excited little boy waiting to see his favorite SuperFriends. R got that sad look on his face when Grandma found out from a park employee that Batman and Superman are hardly ever at Six Flags {odd that their merchandise is sold all over the park though}. When I said they weren't coming R kept saying, let's just wait, I think they'll come. I eventually convinced R that Batman and Superman were off saving someone that needed their help, and we went and had ice cream. And then we went to one of the shops at the park where I bought R a Batman cape and Superman necklace - then he was a happy camper again!

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

What an amazing family trip. We will have to check it out ourselves now that you guys have given it a "thumbs up". And yeah, boo to Six Flags for not having the true super heros!! I'm sure I would have been disappointed also!!