Sunday, April 6, 2008

so excited...

that I found these when I was shopping recently.

I already had a big garden gate message board that I use in my scrap room to hang recently completed layouts or projects...

but I was on the lookout for the little ones too. They can hold a 4x6 photo and stand with an easel, but I am going to use mine as a cover for mini book. I am scraplifting from the very talented Carol Wingert - I saw this idea on her blog and love it! Back in October I took a class taught by Carol at Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids in Edmonton, AB and it was wonderful - she is not only super creative but also a great teacher, and I love that she uses vintage goodies in her classes and kits.

But enough about that...I have homework to do tonight. I signed up for the Scrap Etc Event way before I knew we would be moving and have not done any of the homework! I have been too busy selling our house and getting ready to move, but tonight I am going to try and get photos ready for at least a few of the classes. I know they are not going to kick me out if I don't come with my homework finished, but I would like to get somewhat organized.

I am so excited to be going to this event! I think Jenni Bowlin, Heidi Swapp and Wilna Furstenberg (just to name a few of the instructors) are so creative and inspiring - it will be so much fun to take their classes. I order from Jenni's online store all the time - I especially love her monthly project kits. And with all the stress from moving lately, getting to have this time dedicated to scrapbooking, being creative and meeting women from all over, will be so much fun. Not to mention some time to myself to relax, do some sight-seeing and shopping...can't wait!!!

OK I really have to go start homework now...

No comments: