Tuesday, April 29, 2008

last year around this time...

this was happening...


A big boy birthday party with lots of friends...




and family...


This year...not so much.

This week we will have a small birthday celebration for R with just us four, and my dad, who is in town visiting us. (For those of you back home that were wondering and were worried about him...my dad arrived here safely yesterday with our trailer after driving for 4 solid days + one day of being snowed in at a hotel).





I went and ordered a small cake today - this year R would like a football party. R's Great-Grandpa wants to give him a new bike for his birthday...so my dad and I took the kids to Toys R Us today and this is what R picked out. And he just called my mom on the phone to tell her he picked out "a humming bike, and it has training wheels, and a bell". I have been trying to tell R it is a Hummer bike, like the truck - but he thinks it is like the bird...





Anyway, R does not care what size party he has, so we will have fun no matter what! And by next year he should have loads of new friends here to invite to a party...





No comments: