Friday, July 4, 2008

you learn something new...

So I realize that everyone thinks their children are genius, but seriously, I think I should be looking into Mensa for my kiddies...

R and Miss S wanted me to read Pinkalicious for their bedtime story.


This is a book that Grandma and Grandpa gave Miss S for her 2nd birthday (so note, we've had it less than a month and it is pretty long) about a girl that eats too many pink cupcakes and so she turns pink (I'm surprised this hasn't happened to a little princess in this house yet, considering how many cuppy-cakes her Grandpa has bought for her...but I digress).

Well, tonight, I start reading and Miss S chimes in reciting her favorite lines "Pink, pink, pink" and "More,more, more". And then, R says "I'm going to read it Mom", and he proceeds to 'read' almost the ENTIRE book literally almost word for word! I just sat there turning the pages with my jaw hitting the floor...

I realize he didn't actually read, but he knows the book off by heart...and I am talking words that I am not even sure he knows the meaning of...and he gets the little details right - like saying "Mommy said" or "I cried" in all the right places. It was unreal!

Perhaps I should get out the video camera to capture this on film...or should I be filling in R's application for early acceptance to University...!

And not one to be outdone by her big brother, Miss S made me proud when we were looking at one of her picture books earlier today. She correctly identified all the objects on the different 'color pages'. On the blue page she pointed to, and said "shoes", "teapot", "pants", "bwacelet"...

and then she points to the item in the bottom right corner, and says "wap top"! "Mommy have pink wap top"! Miss S always makes me laugh - this chick is smart,and obviously very tech-savvy- it does look like a lap top...

Well, at least I'm amused by all of this...

No comments: