Wednesday, July 16, 2008

off he goes...

to pre-school, my big boy. This has been a monumental time in our home. It has never been easy for me to leave R - we have gone through some serious separation anxiety {he and I both, I think}. Since the move I have been trying to get R ready for starting Junior Kindergarten in the fall. Recently he started pre-school and it was not without some drama. R was very nervous about the idea, {as was I}, and made the tour of the pre-school an emotional day for me, bringing out his worst behavior in front of the director {seriously I was surprised they accepted him after the show he put on}!

Anyway, after a bit of crying at drop-off on the first day...R discovered that he loves pre-school. "It is fun". No kidding. What was I so worried about - he is thriving there. Now he walks in the door, waves good-bye and doesn't look back. He is making new friends and communicating well without me around {this is a big step for my shy boy}. Each time he goes, he comes home with stories and crafts that he has made, and now he even asks if he can go more often...hmmmmm. I am seeing my baby grow up, and it is wonderful.

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

It's always harder on the parents! Good for you mom for making this decision and letting your little ones try something different.

Anonymous said...

that must be a pretty big lunch he packs in there, the bag is bigger than he is! he must get his love of oversize bags from his mother. :-)