Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm going to silver bella!!!

I am over the moon excited to be going to Silver Bella!


Seriously, you have no idea how thrilled I am. I have been following Teresa McFayden's blog and the Silver Bella blog, and getting more and more excited each time she announced a new instructor - these women are SO super talented and inspiring. I wanted to go last year, and after seeing photos and blogs after the event I really regretted not going. So it has been an idea - a dream - in my head for a while now...and then, I found out Mary Engelbreit is going to be at Silver Bella.

That was when I knew I really had to go. I have been a fan of hers forever - I have all the Home Companion magazine's and her books, and drool over the homes and artist's studios, etc. Anyway, I called K at work and said... {OK, I kinda screamed...} "I really want to go to Silver Bella. It's in Omaha. Mary Engelbreit is going to be there. And Sally Jean. And Pam Garrison. And Jenni Bowlin. And Rebecca Sower, etc. I need to go". And K said "OK, go". {He's a tough one, right}? Even though I'm not sure he really understands my obsession with making things, and following these women's artistic careers, he always supports me and encourages me to do whatever I want.

So I've registered and chosen classes - I am even taking a soldering/charm making class with Sally Jean - so cool. I have some of her vintage art collage charms that I just love, and now I can learn from the best and make my own! I am also taking mixed media classes, fabric and collage art, and more - so exciting to be learning new techniques and trying new things that I have been wanting to get in to, but have been a little intimidated to try.

And so here I am, SO excited to go and wondering how I am going to make it until November. And what makes it even more fun is that I have a friend going with me! It will be SO much fun to enjoy this glittery, art filled weekend together! Now all we have to do is find us some prom dresses...

More about Silver Bella to come {you know you're going to hear more, and more, and more 'cause that's how excited I am}...

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

I'm going to be like a little kid before Christmas and keep asking "how many more sleeps?"
And the prom should be priceless!! Perhaps I'll get to be the prom queen this time round!!! LOL