Sunday, December 21, 2008

mirror, mirror, on the...minibook

I am uploading new photos as I watch the snow come down, and down, and down. We may be snowed in here, soon!

Last week Renee, Mellisa and I took a class taught by our friend Stephanie, at the Scrapbox. The four of us got a chance to create and chat, so it was a great night. We also started planning for the Donna Downey event we are all going to, and some swaps to do together in the new year, for the event. We are going to try our own 'fabric fat book' inspired by the one Renee and I saw at Silver Bella {it was hosted by Michelle Geller, check out just how fabulous it was, here}.
Here is the mirror book I made in class, full of photos from R's first Christmas...
As usual, Stephanie designed a gorgeous book, with so many charming details. On one of the ribbons we hung charms that we made using Tim Holtz 'Fragments'. So easy to attach paper to the clear charms with crystal laquer - and so cute! There's a Heidi Swapp Chandelier Crystal on another ribbon...
Love the mix of Heidi Swapp and Making Memories papers and embellishments...

I love, love, love Heidi Swapp clocks...

and the Making Memories journaling cards...

The flocked damask paper that we put on the back cover is fabulous...

Check out the reflection of my vintage Christmas ornaments in the mirror cover of the book...

And just because it was in the background, here is a photo of my new favorite tree. It is a Bethany Lowe 'Vintage Inspired Silver Tree' that my mom sent me this year!

It's still snowing...

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

Your book turned out AMAZING!!!!
Love those chipmunk, rosy red cheeks on Ryan!!

Stay Funny said...

So happy to see your book completed! It looks amazing! Great job on it! Have a great week! hugs xx