Tuesday, June 2, 2009

auntie k came to town

and we had fun doing things, like taking the kiddies to my favorite little village Merrickville. {Are you sensing a pattern here - if you are not from Ottawa and you come and visit us, we take you to Merrickville. OK?}

We introduced my sister in law to the chip truck. Or in this case it is more like a chip stand - no wheels involved. What is it with Ottawa-ians {what do you call people from Ottawa exactly} and chip trucks? Don't get me wrong...the chips are fabulous, I have discovered, but before I moved here, I would not have considered eating food that was sold from the side of a truck.

Anyway, I wanted to eat at this chip stand just because I love the name...

and the chips {ie: they were called fries in my previous life} were fabulous. Bonus.

We went in a few of the shops, but mostly we wanted to spend the day outside with the kiddies, enjoying the sun. We had fun exploring by the canal...

until we came across our first...

snake, sunning itself on the rocks {it took off into the water when Auntie K screamed}. After the second, and third, and fourth and fifth snake, Auntie K decided our adventure was over!

We watched a boat that we thought was too big, pass through the Rideau Canal locks. {I am posting these photos for Burke because I hear he likes locks {???} but I don't think he reads my blog, so pass it on Shar. Then maybe he will be more likely to let you buy your dream home in Merrickville}...

{raising the deck of the boat}


{stopping traffic}

{the road swings. wheeeee!}

{and then bon voyage cruisers}

No comments: