Tuesday, November 17, 2009

radio city christmas spectacular

{photo taken from here}

I got home from a girl's weekend away {photos coming soon} just in time to catch the Radio City Christmas Spectacular show starring the Rockettes, at Scotiabank Place. I took Jill with me to enjoy the show from our box seats, but it would have been even better if we could have brought our kiddies along. I wish there had been an afternoon show, as it was too late on a Sunday night for my kiddies, even to see Santa dancing with the Rockettes.

What a fabulous show! I loved the hundreds of dancing Santas, the falling toy soliders and the virtual double decker bus tour of New York. I love the history of the Rockettes. You can check out some video of the show here. Ottawa was lucky to be one of the few Canadian cities that made the tour. One day I would love to see the show at Radio City Music Hall...Christmas in New York would be amazing! I think I will have to make that trip happen sometime in my lifetime...

Now that I am in a Christmas kind of mood, I am starting to plan more festive activities for our family. What kind of Christmas are you planning?

1 comment:

auntie m said...

psssst. i got my picture taken with the rockettes at radio city music hall.