Sunday, November 8, 2009

halloween oh nine

Halloween came and went so quickly at our home. Here is how some of it went down.

We enjoyed all the sweets of the season. Like the ones that came in this box...

all the way from Winnipeg {thanks Auntie T and Uncle B}!
And these Pumpkin Fudge Brownies that Miss S and I made {a new recipe we were trying out}...

R and I made some Candy Kabobs to share with our friends. R's favorite candies were the gooey spiders and gummy worms...

We wrapped them in spiderweb cellophane bags to give them away, but this is how they looked as a candy bouquet...

R dressed in costume to parade around his school on the 30th. Miss S wore a witchy outfit for a play date party at Lee Ann's house with some of her pre-school pals.

Miss S's pre-school did not want the kiddies to dress in costume so they wore black or orange the week before Halloween. Miss S thought that was too boring so she wore a tutu and glittery shoes with her black tee {Fancy Nancy style}. When the tutu got in the way of her playing at the sand table, she just stuffed the humongous thing in her cubby.

Miss S also wore her tutu {a Halloween one that I made for her} to dancing class. I made one for The Other Miss S too. Their dance teachers came dressed as ballerinas for Halloween, appropriately so...

Monique always calls The Other Miss S her tasmanian devil. Here she is, the whirling dervish at dance class...
On the 31st, Miss S went to another Halloween party at a neighbors. R had hockey, and then went to the Sens game with K. We had squeezed in carving our pumpkins in the morning. R wanted his big pumpkin to be eating the littlest pumpkin. He sketched how he wanted it to look on paper, wrote "make this" on the top of the drawing and gave it to K to cut out...
And finally, the kiddies favorite part of Halloween. Dressing up and trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. This is where I said "if you don't stand still for at least one photo there will be no candy for you tonight"...

After hitting up all the houses on our street for candy, the kiddies and K came home to look it over. And line it up on our family room floor apparently...

And that was Halloween 2009.

And now I am going to start on Christmas, just so I can cross everything off my holiday To-Do list. {I am not kidding. Right after trick or treating, Renee called and we planned a shopping trip to the States for the next day. I'm almost done my Christmas shopping thanks to our spree!}

2 comments:

Kataroo said...

I so enjoyed that post, I love love your BANNER by the way :)

Closet Artist said...

Thank you so much for the candy sticks. I'm not sure who enjoyed them more, myself and hubby or the small person!!
Love, love, love the Ninja Turtle costume!!