Saturday, July 18, 2009

summer reading

I am currently reading this...

and wondering if the movie will be as good as the book.
I recently saw My Sister's Keeper

with Monique and Renee, and did not like the film as much as the book. The fact that the ending was dramatically changed from Jodi Picoult's book, was disappointing, since the book was awesome.

I am also currently reading anything I can get my hands on by Harlan Coben...

In the past couple weeks I have read Hold Tight, The Woods and No Second Chance. I can just fly through his books because they are so good, and so suspenseful I don't want to put them down.

Also I have been flipping through this...

and trying to decide which cupcakes the kiddies and I should make first! {Does a cook book count as reading?}

I just love, love, love to get caught up in a good book. I love finding a book that is so good you just don't want it to end. And so now my summer reading dilema is this...what books should I take with me on my upcoming trip?

1 comment:

Mellisa said...

Your reading list looks fab. I will have to add a couple to my list that are not already there. I read My Sister's Keeper then saw the movie. Both versions are emotional but the book was definitely better. It's the first time I have ever cried while reading a book. I went on Thursday to pick up The Time Traveller's Wife but Chapters had no copies in stock so I will grab it next week. I had always wanted to read it but, now that it is coming out in movie form, I want to read it first.

It's been so long. Sorry for that. I hope things are wonderful and well and you are enjoying the summer despite the rainy weather.