Wednesday, July 8, 2009

and finally

some scrapbooking.

I got back into the scrapbooking groove by going to Kelly's last week for Scrapbook Monday. I didn't have anything that I was working on, so Kelly suggested we do a sketch from 52 Sketches. I grabbed a few photos, a few sheets of paper and a handful of embellishments and made this page. Not the greatest page, but it got me scrapbooking again {and I love the memories of this day...me taking just R to the Science Center back home, leaving Miss S with Grandma, so that R and I could take in the Bob the Builder exhibit. The first time I did something alone with just R after Miss S was born}...

{oops, needs some journalling - need to look up the exact date we did this. And would like to add some machine stitching to the fabric tag...}

R liked the layout that I did at Kelly's, so on Canada Day, while Miss S and her daddy were having a snooze {in anticipation of staying up late for the fireworks}, I scrapbooked with him. So fun to scrapbook with R! He is so creative, and he had fun using all mommy's tools, trying all the colors of ink, etc. Made this page while R worked on his own version...

and this one {to remind of all the many, many days we spent at the Zoo back home. Loved going there with the kiddies.}..

And because I was on a roll...the following Monday, again at Kelly's, I made this page {again using this week's sketch}...

{It is so cool to see that Kelly and I used the same sketch, but end up with layouts that look so very different. Hint, Hint...Kelly, make sure you post your layouts so we can see them too!}

And then scrapping again with the boy today {who is getting very good at making layouts of his own, with his favorite photos} I made the layout at the top of this post. And this one...

Now I am just trying to fit in as much scrapbooking as possible, before I hit another dry spell...

4 comments:

Diva Loca said...

wow! amazing pages!!! horray for getting your groove back Stella :)

Stay Funny said...

love it!!!!!! WOW lots of beautiful layouts! My favorite one is the first one... Adore, it's really precious!

Closet Artist said...

Beautiful work as usual!
Could you sprinkle some of your creativity dust on me? Just ain't feelin'it lately. Or can I come over and watch you create? LOL

Kataroo said...

WOW WOW WOW beautiful work, I especially am in love with the 2 db page LO's you did they are so shabby chic!!