Thursday, March 5, 2009

toy testing

I am officially a toy tester! What a great job...although I am not getting paid. And technically, it will be my kiddies that are doing the testing, although I will be the one writing the reports {R is getting very good at printing, but not that good}!

I found out about the Canadian Toy Testing Council from my friend Jill. Her family has been a testing family for over a year now. Because the head office for the CTTC is located in Ottawa, they use families from the Ottawa/Gatineau region to do all the testing, and we have been chosen as a testing family.

Every 6-8 weeks my kiddies will see new toys, books and software {that are specific to their interests and ages} being rotated through our home. I just have to observe my kiddies with the toys, and report back what I see. We may even get Wii games and LeapFrog toys, as I had to specify which systems, etc we have in our home. And R should see lots of LEGO and Playmobil, which he loves...

{photo of R after last Christmas, playing with new toys}

Bring on the toys!

2 comments:

Mellisa said...

what a great opportunity for the kiddies to try new and different things. Sounds like a fun way to contribute.

Closet Artist said...

Would you happen to need a 4.5 year old girl to test older girl toys? LOL I can drop her off every day at 1pm! LOL
Can't wait to hear your reviews.