Wednesday, March 11, 2009

old made new

I needed some storage space in my scrapbooking room. It is on the main floor of our house, and you can see right into the room through it's double french doors and there is no closet, so I needed a place to hide some of my tools and supplies that don't fit on my bookcases, in baskets, etc. So, I took this old armoire that was in my Grandma's basement {made by my Grandpa circa 1940ish}...

and gave it a new life...

I primed, painted and distressed it {although that doesn't really show up in the photos}. I am still on the lookout for a new handle for it, but at least now I have a place to hide some of my scrapbooking stash.

Next, I think I am going to paint this drop-leaf table, also from my Grandma...
that holds my sewing machine. I just need to decide what color...

3 comments:

Closet Artist said...

F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S job!!!!!!
It looks great. Now hopefully you all will get healthy in your house and I will be able to see it IRL!! LOL
The room is looking good! Have you had a chance to enjoy it yet?

Mellisa said...

and how is all your unpacking coming along?? HAHAHA! Looks awesome. One day I will hopefully see it IRL. I have a few makeover projects in mind this weekend. Hopefully they will be as transformed and bright as yours.patat

Stay Funny said...

Amazing!!!!!!
Great job!
Love the sewing machine desk!