Friday, February 27, 2009

rideau antiques

You have to see this place in person to believe it. It may be the craziest antique store I have ever seen. It is jam packed, inside and outside, and in all the outlying buildings. I forgot to bring my camera {and Mellisa had only enough battery power for two pictures - this is one of her and I, below}, but you can check out some photos here {Renee found this blog, More Kisses Please, that has great photos}.

Renee introduced Mellisa and I to Rideau Antiques last weekend...

I found these big spools {I just like them...I don't know why. They will probably go in my scrapbooking room}...

and I am sure we will go back to this shop {I have to see what is under all the piles and piles and piles, when the snow melts}. It is just outside of Smiths Falls, so we stopped in at Tomorrow's Treasures and the quilt store across the street {where I picked up some fabric, finally, for my fabric book swap...now to get started on that project...}.

4 comments:

Closet Artist said...

See I knew those spools would be perfect in your house. I have recruited 2 more mamas for an antique outing. Perhaps I should start my own tour shuttle?! LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG! What an amazing place. What I wouldn't give to go through all those old wooden window frames!
S

Kataroo said...

so greeeeeeeeeeeeeen :)

Stay Funny said...

would love to join also!!!!! Not a mamas.... but would really love it! The spools looks amazing! We wanted to go last w-end when we were in Smiths Falls but it was porring buckets so we opted to go another time! Have a great hump day! Sxx