Wednesday, February 4, 2009

conversations with a 4 year old

The other morning R and I noticed some animal prints in our backyard. We were trying to guess what they were.




Mommy: A deer?
R: No, they are too close together. Not four legs.
Mommy: A bunny?
R: No {laughing at me}. They are all in one line.



Hmmmm....



R: I know! It's a flamingo.
Mommy: Sure. I bet there are lots of flamingos in Ontario.


{This is R, showing the footprints to Miss K and Baby G later that day, when I was baby-sitting them for Jill}

The other great conversation I had with R recently involved him trying to decide on his career path. He was sitting at the table drinking his apple juice. And he was telling me he knew how they made apple juice. It was very technical.

So R decided he wants to be 'the guy who makes apple juice' when he grows up. I said I thought that was a wise choice.

But then R changed his mind...he said he might want to be 'some one that helps people that are in trouble'. He said 'maybe a fireman'.

I would probably worry less about him as an apple juice maker than a fire fighting tough guy, but I'm good with whatever he decides!

1 comment:

Mellisa said...

How sweet. I hope she solves her mystery.

Unfortunately, a deer in my backyard wouldnt be safe my K. lol Run, deer. Run!