Monday, February 2, 2009

i love my sink

I really do.
As much as a person can love a sink...

That is my farmhouse sink {at our walk-thru, so no furniture in yet. The backsplash and sink are more of an off-white in person but look really bright in this photo}.

I have been getting requests from back home, for photos of our new house, but I do not want to take photos before the house is unpacked...and well, clean. It is taking longer than I thought to get things organized!

I also love, love, love the view of the trees in our yard {that I can stare at, while standing at my sink washing dishes}. And love my green bead board island.

I do not love the fact that I still have no stove. {It would be wrong to publicly bash GE appliances on my blog, right? So I will not do that}.

I am in desperate need of some light fixtures in my kitchen {for your viewing pleasure I have cropped the bare light bulbs out of the photo}. I am on the hunt for some vintage school house-type lights for the bulkhead above the island, and the kitchen chandelier of my dreams... I'll let you know how it goes.

Here are the new bar stools in a distressed black paint...

And here you can see our new kitchen table {a big 7' farm table, up close it is all crackly and distressed}. Please ignore the bare light bulbs and soon-to-go builder light fixture...

I designed the little hutch area you see behind the table - it has a bead board backsplash {the rest of the kitchen has off-white subway tile}. I need to figure out what I want in the hutch - right now it just has some glassware and dishes in it - but I think I am going to move that and put more decorative things behind the glass.

I love looking at photos of people's homes, in magazines and online. I hope you liked this little peek into my kitchen. As I add and change things I will update my photos here!

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

Yay photos!!!
And believe me everyone when I say it is GORGEOUS in real life!!
You did an amazing job designing the things for your home and once I'm back from Houston, I may just move into your spare room! LOL

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing Megan (I knew it would). Keep the pictures coming!