Wednesday, November 19, 2008

donna downey is coming...

here! How cool is that? Just as Renee and I were whining that no big events ever come to our city, Tomorrow's Treasures announced that they are bringing Donna to Smiths Falls for two days of mixed media workshops. We could not have signed up faster!

I have always admired Donna's work in Simple Scrapbooks magazine, her books and online. I love how she goes beyond traditional scrapbooking , how she uses fabric and mixed media techniques - can't wait to learn something new from her. So excited that Stephanie and Mellisa will be going too - so much fun to create together! Check out Donna's Campaign for Creativity here.


believing in the power of your passion to create is the gift we all have to share.
"believe in your creative potential, enjoy the creative process, try something new, explore new possibilities, but most of all believe."



Other exciting news - just heard that Silver Bella will be featured in an upcoming issue of Stampington & Co "Somerset Life". I will be watching for it! I just picked up the current issue the other day...

and I am still in love with their new magazine Where Women Create {this one was hard to find here, my Mom tracked it down back home for me - so I think I will have to get the subscription so I don't miss out}...

The photos of Sally Jean's studio are just awesome {I still have to post about my class at Silver Bella with her soon, and I am definitely running out to get myself a soldering iron asap...}.

And I know my mind is really wandering on this post, but check out the sweet Sally Jean charm Renee bought for me at the Silver Bella vendor faire...

just because I convinced her to come to Silver Bella with me {it wasn't really a hard sell though, was it???}. Thanks again Renee!

4 comments:

Mellisa said...

This is going to be so much fun. Beautiful charms, btw.

Stay Funny said...

I just can't wait!!!!!!!!! a 2 day event with you girls + Donna!!!! What can be better... mmmm I can't think of anything.... except winning the lottery!

Diva Loca said...

hey!!! what can be better? what about ME???

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME

our friendship is officially over Steph - on someone else's blog he he he...

sorry to hijack, just had to say that ;)

Stay Funny said...

hihihi Laurie... your crazy!!!! yes our friendship is untouchable! that's way better than any other thing... your crazy! Donna is #2! ;) mmmmmm thanks Meg for being the "medium" in our little girl fight!