Wednesday, August 20, 2008

spa day and swamp {???} day

This past weekend I spent Friday evening with new neighbor friends - a girl party with eleven {!!!} other women from my street - tons of food, a fun time and a plan to do this every month - how cool is that to have such great neighbors!

Saturday afternoon found me at the spa, enjoying the peace and quiet, and getting pampered. I finally used a gift certificate that K {thanks thoughtful hubby} gave me the day the kiddies and I moved to our new city. It was a thank you from K, for packing up our house and dealing with the house showings, etc while he was already in the new city working...seems like so long ago already, but really it was only a few months ago.

Sunday, I put my pedicure to the test, while trekking around in Stony Swamp {you can not tell me I am not well-rounded...a spa and a swamp all in the same weekend...really}

The kiddies loved the swamp {what's not to love about a swamp} - we saw frogs, chipmunks, birds, a snake...although we didn't see the elusive beavers that R was hoping to run into!

{I hope the frogs at least appreciated my glowing skin and perfectly polished piggies}

Miss S was quite the trooper, walking almost the entire time {only wanting to be picked up when she thought she heard T-Rex in the bushes...so, uh, no more The Land Before Time movies for that one}...

{By the way Jamie, thanks so much for the Olympic souvenirs - the kiddies love the water bottles - Miss S carried hers the entire day - and the soccer ball and purse. Hope you are getting to some of the events!}

And on the way home from the swamp we had the best burgers ever at The Works. Love The Works! This is going on our list of places to take friends that come to visit, so be warned - start looking through the menu now to find your favorite toppings... The kiddies love that our drinks were served in measuring cups!

Good times!

3 comments:

Stay Funny said...

hey Meg! Just got your post.... yes Jenn is opening a second class Thursday Sept 25, so make sure to call the store if you wish to come w/Renee!!! I would really like it if you 2 girls join me for 3 hours of fun!
hugs
S

Closet Artist said...

mmmmm The Works!!! Luv me some good burgers and since we have one so close, it would be a sin not to eat there frequently!!!

Anonymous said...

your very welcome! i'm glad they are enjoying them...i actually just bought them each one more little thing from the olympics...i'll probably have to send it back when i see my parents in hong kong in nov...life has been hectic to say the least during the olympics...it's been completely non stop with events and parties but all worth it for this once in a lifetime experience...i've been to an event almost everyday...i just posted a bunch of pics on facebook!