Friday, May 22, 2009

being a tourist with sharlene

Sharlene, who has been my friend for as long as I can remember, came to visit me in my not so new new city last week. We had a great time being tourists and doing girl things together...

We thought it would be fun to take a fabulously cheesy bus tour, but only if we could sit on the top of a Double-Decker, so we took the Lady Dive Hop On Hop Off tour...

We hit all the touristy spots in Ottawa and Gatrineau. We started on Sparks Street...

visited Parliament...

We admired the tulips in Commissioner's Park at Dow's Lake...

and shopped and ate in the Byward Market...

and spent some time on sunny patios relaxing and catching up. With cocktails, of course.

We also spent some time in my favorite little village, Merrickville {see my posts about it here and here}...

eating, drinking and being merry {i.e. shopping}. And spent a day shopping across the border in New York state. Sharlene's husband most likely will never want her to come back and see me again, after he sees the amount of stuff packed in her suitcase for her return trip home!

3 comments:

Closet Artist said...

What a fabulous idea to do the bus tour! I am going to have to remember that the next time we have guests. And I'm glad you sent her home in true Ottawa style- with a suitcase full of goods from cross border shopping!!! LOL

Mellisa said...

NO kidding a fab idea to do the bus tour. Once upon a time ago, I had thought about doing it and completely forgot. Maybe Sunday will find me touring our beautiful city. Glad you had a great time with your friend. Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are beautiful.

one and one + two said...

I totally recomend the bus tour - even if you live in Ottawa - it is a fun way to see our beautiful city! And sit on the top of the bus - it's where all the cool kids sit.