Friday, April 17, 2009

fabric fat book swap

I finished my fabric fat book pages recently, that I am swapping with some girlfriends. We didn't really have a lot of rules for our swap {or at least any that I remember following, if we did} other than they were to be 8" high by 9" wide to allow for binding the book on the left side} ...


The theme was "a touch of whimsy"...

I wanted my pages to be kind of messy and put together in a child-like way {which also conveniently disguises the fact that I obviously cannot remember how to sew in a straight line...}

I used some vintage children's book pages, sheet music and bingo markers...

Home is where the green felt heart is...

and every painted blue cloud has a silver lining...

And cherry prints and pom-pom fringe are just whimsy at it's best...aren't they?

Renee and Stephanie have already posted photos of their fabric pages on thier blogs {click on their names to check them out} and Mellisa and Katie were in the swap too. All the pages are so wonderful and whimsical...just like the ladies that created them. Now I just need to create a cover to house my pages {and I will post the completed book soon}. Thanks girls!

1 comment:

Stay Funny said...

yeahhhhh you posted your pages!
Love the one I got from you... all the special touches! so perfect!
SEE YOU TOMORROW BELLA!