Tuesday, January 6, 2009

spiders and snakes and...crocodilians, oh my!

Sound scary? It was for me. But apparently not for Miss S {this photo should come with a warning...I know I am going to get phone calls from my horrified family members}...

Yes. I know. That is my precious little girl with a snake around her neck. For real. I tried to keep her away {but she couldn't hear me from my hiding spot around the corner}.

We were invited to Q's birthday party which included a show by Little Ray's Reptile Zoo, right in Kelly's family room! The perfect entertainment for 4 year old boys {and Miss S and Miss A, I guess - who would have thought our two little girls would be right in there with the scary animals!}
If it makes you feel any better, I did not allow Miss S anywhere near this guy...

{seriously Kelly, I don't know how you slept in your house, after having him in it!}

or this one {Christine's boys loved it}...

I was OK with the tortoise {I think I could outrun him}...

Where was R during all of this? Sitting and listening quietly and calmly, not going near any of the animals, just soaking it all in...

As soon as the show was over he ran up to me and said "Mom, I want that guy to come to my birthday party. His name is Kevin". Then he went and grabbed a brochure from Kevin the reptile guy...thanks Kelly! His birthday isn't for a while...what are the chances he forgets about the scary animals in my house idea???

5 comments:

Diva Loca said...

i would have parked myself right beside R...no better yet...at the nearest Timmies!

CAN WE SAY YIKES???

Did you notice the dude isn't even looking at your daughter while she has the snake around her...

I'm just relieved I'm seeing this thru a computer screen...

Mamaloup said...

Oh am I gettin' a kick outta this!! You should know by now that things are always crazy over at our place...lol.

Kataroo said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK I have the hibbi jeebies...LOL I so c an not spell that :)

Mellisa said...

EEEEEEEWWWW!!!! (did I have to say more????? lol)

Unknown said...

We are going to a similar birthday is a few weeks:) Great pictures!

Sandy