Tuesday, December 1, 2009

daily december

How did December get here so quickly?

I always think I am going to be more ready than I am for the holiday season. I have finished most of my Christmas shopping {just need a few small things and teacher gifts}, have the outside of the house all decorated, and some of the inside.

I am excited to complete a December Daily album this year, a tradition started by Ali Edwards and copied by scrapbookers all over {you can read more about what it is here, and see her 2009 album here}.

I finished the cover of my album last week...

and filled it with the pages, all ready to go {most made last year and never used!}

I painted a 7gypsies chipboard album from my stash, with teal paint and then painted over it with crackle paint in the 'old paper' color. I distressed it with the distress ink in the same color and sanded away some of the paint. This was my first time using the crackle paint {in scrapbooking anyway - I have crackle painted an armoire}...

I am sure Renee is laughing at me for this, because I bought the distress products ages ago and haven't used them. I always say it is "too much technique for me" - I like to scrapbook the quick and easy way...but this was fun and didn't take long at all {other than waiting for the very thick paint to dry}!

During December I will post my daily photos and album pages. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Mellisa said...

Looks great. I cant wait to see it all done. I am going to do one but it is going to have to be done backwards. I will picture take and document with it in mind then put it together on Jan 2nd. With school and work, I just dont have the time. Plus I am planning on making the new year my comeback to scrapping. I havent done anything since april - - too long.

PS - we should get together over the holidays. That would be awesome.

Closet Artist said...

Not laughing just jealous that your is all ready to go!! lol Now I have an album to copy. Thanks!! lol And like Mellisa I will probably be putting mine all together in January.