Thursday, December 10, 2009

bloom mini book: done

Remember waayyy back when I attended the Donna Downey event in April? Well, I recently finished one of the projects from that weekend! {Please excuse the poor quality photos - they were taken at night, in my haste to actually call this project done}!

I was feeling the need to scrapbook, but was not in the mood to start something new, so I dug deep in my basket of unfinished projects {I really do have a basket labeled that, and it is quite full...}. This mini book was 99% complete, it just needed photos and a few finishing touches. I think that Donna meant for us to use small black & white photos, but that would require printing new photos, so I grabbed recent photos that were laying around {literally laying on the floor of my scraproom}, cropped them to random sizes, fussy-cut them and came up with this...

It was a great class. We used acrylic, cardboard and fabric as well as paper...

made stems out of cardstock...

glimmer mist and masks, stamps, india ink and a calligraphy tip...

lots of Prima flowers, vintage dictionary pages and felt alphabets...
So that's one project down.
Many, many more to go.

3 comments:

Kataroo said...

I love this soooo much, and really love that you cut around so many of the pics...adds to the playfulness of the book.

Closet Artist said...

THAT is what I can do if we get together to craft!! I think mine is only waiting for photos as well. Thanks for the reminder and I love the "fussy" cut photos.

peata said...

that's a beautiful, beautiful mini book.
love it. tfs.
scrapbook-crazy.com