Saturday, September 5, 2009

the one where I catch you up

R and I went Walking With Dinosaurs, and took Monique and his buddy E with us. It was an amazing show {go to the official website, click on Watch Footage, and then on the photo of the dinosaur eggs, to get an idea of what the live show was like}. We watched from a suite, which put us a safe distance above the dinosaurs, so it "wasn't scary at all" according to R. Miss S stayed home, but she gave me some carrots to put in my bag "to feed the dinosaurs"...

I convinced Renee, Lee Anne, Christine, Monique and Jill to join me at The Circus Starring Britney Spears concert! Despite the fact that we were too old, and clearly too overdressed {ie...we were actually wearing clothing} we had a good time. We missed the opening act because we were still at D'Arcy McGee's enjoying dinner and drinks on the patio. Luckily we did not miss the start of the circus, because those performers were probably the best part of the show. Brit may not really sing {all the gum chewing makes it hard for her to lip-sync even}, but she puts on an entertaining show. So even though I am not a Britney fan {sorry Uncle VW} I had fun! We took the kiddies to the Canadian Museum of Nature. They loved it. The interactive exhibits are so great for the kids and the The Trading Post is just the kind of thing that R would love. He is a collector {right now there is a pile of acorns and a strip of birch bark on his desk from a recent hike}.

I registered the kiddies for their fall activities. Swimming for both, dancing for Miss S and hockey for R {a "real team with uniforms" this time, and a big time commitment for the whole family I think}. Pre-school for Miss S and Senior Kindergarten for R...

We have been doing lots of bike riding and baseball playing with Grandpa, celebrated the other Miss S's birthday and K's too, and have finally been able to start putting together the kiddies play structure...

There. All caught up.

3 comments:

Closet Artist said...

What an amazing, adventurous summer. I love the thought of "carrots for the dinos"!! She's so sweet!

Saucy said...

That sounds like a wonderful summer! I'm no Britney fan either, but seeing the concert would be pretty... interesting! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my little blog.

xoxo
From Saskatoon

PinkBalloons&Macaroons said...

what a cute post! :-) I hope you have a wonderful day!! huge hugs!! Britt :-)