Monday, June 27, 2011

tangled party decorations part I

Recently we had a 5th birthday party for Miss S. She is absolutely in love with the movie Tangled and all things Rapunzel.

So I made some Rapunzel invites...

and Miss S passed them out on the school playground {totally ignoring my instructions to give them to her teacher to put in mailbags}!

We hung Flynn Rider 'Wanted' posters all over the house {just like the ones in the movie except we totally 'got his nose right'}...

including this super size one that we used to play 'Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider's nose'...

We hung some outside too...

We also made some banners for inside and out, like the ones in the movie {there were lanterns too but I forgot to take a picture}...


My helpers...

And my favorite decoration, the Rapunzel braid. It is seriously hard to braid 18' of 'hair' without it getting a little tangled {cheesy pun intended}...


Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair! The hair hung on the inside of the house too...


We had crayons and Rapunzel coloring pages to keep the girls busy while they were waiting for all the guests, and Rapunzel to arrive. A paint brush vase, inspired by all the painting Rapunzel did in her tower...


And lavender flowers to match Rapunzel's dress, were placed all over the house...

4 comments:

Closet Artist said...

OMG you MUST go into the party planning business!!!!
Do you know how many mom's would kill for an idea like that and someone to do it for them?!?!?!?!?
That was f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s!!!!!

alisonmancuso said...

i'm going to steal of your great idea's for my daughter's party at the end of the month! where did you find the flynn rider posters? they're so cute!

one and one + two said...

Hi alisonmancuso! I got tons of ideas for this party online. Here is the link where I found the printable posters...

http://ayameclyne.deviantart.com/art/Flynn-Rider-Wanted-Poster-194154458

I printed some at home and a friend printed the big one on a large printer they had at work.

Teh Doll said...

This is so adorable. Where did you get the Flynn Rider posters? My little guy is obsessed with him at the moment and would love one for his room..