Friday, March 5, 2010

suite francaise

I am reading this amazing book right now...


If you haven't heard about it, check out this review. It is a wonderful read and a historical document {the story behind how the novel was discovered by Nemirovsky's daughter long after her death at a concentration camp is fascinating}.


I have always been interested in books related to WWII and the Holocaust, ever since reading Anne Frank, The Diary of Young Girl as a young girl and then visiting the Anne Frank House {back when I was a university student and I had time to travel!}.


Reading this book, has made me want to go back and re-read The Diary of a Young Girl again. So that will be next on my "to read" list.

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

I am going to check this one out. I was just thinking about trying to find a good read. Thank you for the suggestion!